Jackson Square Aviation (JSA) has arranged a purchase-and-leaseback financing of one Airbus A220-300 aircraft to airBaltic. “We are delighted to welcome airBaltic as our newest customer and are excited to play a part in financing the next phase of the airline’s growth as it moves from global A220-300 launch operator to this milestone 40th A220 delivery,” said Chris Dailey, JSA President & Chief Commercial Officer.
“We are glad to team up with our partners at Jackson Square Aviation on the 40th Airbus A220-300 and the second one airBaltic has in the Latvian flag livery,” said Martin Gauss, President and CEO of airBaltic. “The A220-300 is the backbone of airBaltic operations and we are proud to celebrate this historic milestone aircraft with JSA.”
Latvian airline Air Baltic Corporation AS (airBaltic) was founded in 1995. Its primary shareholder is the Latvian state, which holds 97.97% of the stock, while the rest of the shareholders hold 2.03%. airBaltic is a hybrid airline taking the best practices both from traditional network airlines and low cost carriers. In 2008, airBaltic changed its operating model from a point-to-point carrier to a network airline making Riga a connecting hub. The airline offers low fare tickets in its network spanning Europe, Scandinavia, CIS and the Middle East.
The airBaltic fleet currently consists of one of the world’s greenest commercial aircraft – the Airbus A220-300.