AerCap Holdings released that they signed new lease agreements for nine aircraft and executed letters of intent for 21 new aircraft leases, delivered nine aircraft and 19 engines under lease agreements, purchased eleven aircraft and seven engines and sold three aircraft and six engines in the second quarter of 2009. AerCap also signed a joint-venture agreement with Waha Capital for a 50/50 joint investment in AerVenture (previously disclosed).
AerCap signed the follwoing nine new lease agreements for aircraft in the second quarter 2009:
– three new Airbus A320s for Frontier Airlines (U.S.A.),
– two new Airbus A330s for P.T. Garuda Indonesia (Indonesia),
– one new Airbus A320 for Aigle Azur (France),
– two Airbus A320s for Strategic Airlines (France),
– one Airbus A320 for TAME (Ecuador).